Sunday, January 28, 2018

 26 January 2018, we went for a walk up in mountain.  It is more like a tall hill. This young man had a pet monkey and let me take a snap of it. 

Everyone carries things on their heads, even the little children.  They were selling the things in their baskets. 
 These little ones let me take their picture.  We have to ask, because sometimes they like to charge and I mostly wanted pictures of the houses up there.  Below these two men called to me to take a snap of them. 


 Above, you can see how close the houses are to each other.  The children love to have their picture taken. 

                                                   More of the houses and the hillside. 

 Once I started taking pictures the children would come running. They all wave to us and want to say hello.  They call "white man" and then keep calling hello, over and over and they wave and smile so big.  I love it.   I didn't realize it until I looked later, but I also caught a young man, in the back, Yup, doing what you think he is doing.  That is really common place here because they don't have any bathrooms in so many places and especially up the mountain.  

I had stopped to dance with a gal and the children gathered around to watch.   They were all fascinated with Brent's hair.  One boy dared to touch it and then they all wanted to touch it.  Don't you just love those cute smiles?

No comments:

Post a Comment