Saturday, October 14, 2017

 A couple of weeks ago they had a political rally outside where we meet for church.  We are on the corner and the top pictures is one view and the bottom is the corner across from the church.  They were yelling and chanting and ya, basically we didn't hear much of the meeting. 

 We have been asked to be in the choir when we have our Branch Conference.  Jeffrey is the key board player and he is very good.  He was helping the guys learn their part and so just moved the keyboard to them.  It usually sits on a stand on the other side of the room.  The brother with the suit is the Elders quorum president.  His name is Minkailu Kamara.  You can see President Rowe on the end of the row. 
 This Sister is the choir director.  I am not sure of her name.  She didn't come for the first choir practice so they asked me to be the chorister.  I was grateful to have her come this week.  She is one of the prettiest sisters I have seen here.  Elder Cluff is the white Elder you can see there. 

 This cute sister is Salamata Kamara and she was my little shadow this day.  All through Primary and then Choir practice.  She doesn't come very often.  The bottom one is with her little sister Amimata Sesay.  She is kind of a pill.  When we first started attending Upgun she would always cry and they would have to send her to her mother.  Then they missed for several months. They have started coming back and the first time she started to cry in Primary I tried to put her on my lap and that was a big mistake.  She screamed bloody murder and ran.  I kind of forgot they are afraid of the white man.  Well over the course of several weeks she has warmed up to me and now I have her sit by me and when she starts to cry I put her on my lap and she is fine.  Kids are the same all over the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment